Application and Assessments
To apply for professional designations from AMS, applicants should fulfill the following requirements of application and assessments:
- Preferably a recognized bachelor’s degree holders or above;
- Five years of proven experience or above in the industry;
- Board interview and assessment;
- Examinations or Project Submission;
- The committee board may approve professional designations subject to individual contributions to the industry of applicant.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The Academy of Multi-skills, UK (AMS) values your qualification and experience and has alternative route that is Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) under this mechanism the assessment of the skills and knowledge gained through is considered on three areas:
- formal training conducted by industry or education,
- work experience, and
- life experience for practitioners to obtain recognized qualifications without undergoing a training programme and facilitates their subsequent progression in learning, and in the careers.
The main principle of RPL focuses on the outcomes rather than procedure of when or where the learning occurred. It gives you credit for skills and knowledge acquired at school, at work and at home, or through clubs, specialized hobbies, and other activities.
E-Learning at AMS
The distance learning AMS education programme was launched in 2013 by the Hong Kong branches in Asia. AMS online training offers a wide range of subjects. The programs consist of modules + an online assessment. They make it possible to receive the AMS diploma (UK).
- Webinars (online seminars)
- archive records
- an electronic textbook
- an electronic prospectus
- exercises with solutions
Assessment: After completing every module, students are assessed. They need to achieve a satisfying score in order to proceed with the next module. This is to facilitate complete learning and knowledge development making it easier for them to absorb the material systematically. Tutors stay in contact with their students during the learning process through exchanging messages by using a contact form installed on a website and checking their assessments